CURRENT EVENTS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
Mark your calendars for these upcoming events:
- ANNUAL DINNER– You are invited to our Annual Dinner Friday, October 20, 2023. Entertainment is special guest Leon Patillo, singer, songwriter & keyboardist. Doors open at 6:00 for food, fellowship and the Dessert Dash rounds out the evening. Event location is True Grace Church, 5615 30th Ave. SE, Lacey, WA 98503. Fundraiser event proceeds benefit the ongoing ministry of Youth With a Mission Faith Harvest Helpers, to continue the building construction of the AG Processing Facility Clean Room which will assist in the mission to feed the hungry.
OUR GOAL: Raise funds to complete the construction of an USDA certified Clean Room for the Agricultural Processing Facility. Our vision is a Clean Room, one which will facilitate the ability to produce goods, like canned salmon, and the processing of dry products. The total cost of the facility is about $698,000, and we have raised $496,000, leaving a balance of $202,000. FHH has been feeding the hungry citizens of Thurston, Pierce, and Grays Harbor Counties for about fifteen years. This facility will assist FHH to continue feeding the hungry people from near to far.
Please note that this year’s dinner event does not include an auction. Tickets are $35 per person, non refundable. Click here for ticket information and registration.About Leon Patillo: Leon came to prominence singing with the group, Santana. At the height of his pop career however, he left the group with a burning desire to satisfy those hungering hearts with music that would make a difference in their lives. He launched a solo career, became a world-renowned Christian artist with gold and platinum albums and Grammy nominations and had his own television show on TBN called Leon and Friends. He uses his passion and inspiration to mentor kids, with Rise Above Bullying assemblies and S.I.N.G. Foundation. S.I.N.G. stands for Save and Inspire the Next Generation.
How you can help: We are looking for bakers who would like to share their skills and goodies with the attendees of the Dinner. Your contribution will be highlighted during the Dessert Dash Auction. Please contact Pat at (360) 489-4031 and provide the name of your dessert.
- “FEED THE HUNGRY” GOLF TOURNAMENT — Our Golf event is postponed until Summer of 2024. Looking forward to sharing the fun with you then!
- EBAY OPTIONS: Recently we developed an on-line presence through Ebay. New items are added often, so check back frequently! To access, sign in to ebay.com and next to the search bar at the top, click Advanced Search. Scroll down to Sellers. Check this button: “Specific sellers (enter seller’s user IDs) “ and type in dimccul-30. Ebay may default to “search for seller dimccul-30”. Select that seller and all currently listed items will be displayed.
- CAMPUS UPDATE: AG Buildings
Concrete floor is finished on Pole barn #2! We’ve completed the electrical pre-wiring, and the installation in the walls of AG warehouse building (Pole Barn #3). We’ve completed the PSE interface project for power to AG buildings (pole barn #2 and #3). We have been working with L&I and Madsen Electric on the exterior power installation. The cost of copper wire for the electrical service has tripled since COVID-19, and continues to increase almost daily. With the increases in the cost of wire the current estimate is $15,000 to complete electrical installation. We need to continue to raise funds for the wire in AG buildings. One building will house the food processing (clean room) facility and the other is for warehouse / storage needs. Work parties are daily. If you’d like to help progress on these barns or make a donation, contact us.
- FOOD BANK Open 10 am – 1 pm Sunday and Wednesday at True Grace Church 5615 30th Ave SE. Lacey at the outer building in the parking lot.
Volunteers needed: Drivers to pick up food and Volunteers to work on Sunday and Wednesday with distribution.
- More about YWAMFHH – Learn more about current events and ministry opportunities by clicking the link: watch YWAMFHH Youtube channel videos.
We are currently looking for people to serve in these volunteer departments:
- Food Bank
- Automotive Mechanic
- Food Bank Drivers for pickup.
If you could help us with any of these needs please contact OfficeManager@ywamfhh.com or call 360-339-4726 for details. Please fill out the Volunteer Opportunities form.